Monday, 25 July 2011

Charlotte and Navin's wedding weekend



Photography by Britt Spring
Charlie and Nav

I finally have the time to blog Charlie and Nav's wedding weekend.  We were going for three days but of course I packed enough for a two week holiday and arrived at The Actor's at 2am.  After about an hour and half's sleep his alarm went off at 5.50am to drive to Somerset before we hit the London rush hour.  I never, ever get up at that time, I'm more likely to still be up.  We stopped once for coffee and once to get double sausage and egg McMuffins (so wrong but they're great).  We arrived at 10.30am on a lovely sunny morning.

My pictures are all over the place so do excuse the blurred ones.  As usual I kept fiddling around with my camera settings.  I have tried to edit them honestly.


The wedding was at Brympton D'evercy, a tudor country house built between 1460 and 1680.  We stayed there as they have fourteen rooms.


Even though the forecast was bad it was sunny when we arrived.
Here's a little tour.


The entrance to the chapel

The Orangery

View from the Orangery

The Great Hall

Ground floor sitting room

The bridal suite

Here's our room, the guest rooms were small but comfortable


They had pretty views


And ours had a big bathroom - I'd taken about four tons of products.
Just in case.




AD looked after us in the church


AD, Lawrence, Glenn and Nav.  I shouldn't take pictures with the light behind people.


The flowers were all purples and blues


There was a large Red Admiral butterfly flying around the chapel

The order of service


The bride was suitably late


Charlie arrives


Nav's happy


I think they've spotted the butterfly


The lovely Mr and Mrs Chowdhry


Charlie lost her bouquet so no one caught it

Here's some of us touching up our make up after the service!  It was quite emotional.  










I've put this in because I like the back of Charlie's hair


I love this one


Charlie's always laughing






Charlie's Miu Miu satin shoes


Next was Champagne on the terrace




And a jazz band


The bridesmaids minus the lovely Nicky

Afternoon tea


All the pictures on the tables were of different relatives of Charlie's


Next it was jugs of Pimms all round.  We got stuck in of course


Kellie gets more Champagne.  After this there was a hog roast and a ton of wine...


Then more drinks in the Orangery and all the girls get hennaed




Note the caterpillar on a leaf in the top left hand corner.  I'm obsessed with butterflies


Here's me.  Mine got smuged straight away by The Actor pulling a dance move


There was another religious ceremony


Followed by dancing




Ali and Liz get everyone up


Actress Kelly Shirley pulled some brilliant moves.  This chap didn't know what had hit him


Off to bed at midnight


I woke up in full make-up with the worst hangover AND it was pissing with rain.  That's England for you.

I made friends with this cockerel on the way to breakfast.  I thought Mary and Ruth would like him.  A pot of coffee, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and a couple of Nurofen Plus and I was feeling fine again.  Now for the next wedding...




Kaftan dress copied by a Jamaican tailor in Dalston from a mini version I had for £30.  I already had the silk.  All jewellery by Husam el Odeh apart from violet sapphire ring by Dinny Hall.  Leather flip flops from Bullo Shoes, Dalston.


Red lurex snood sewn together from a £5 piece of fabric.  It was rather flimsy and I kept getting hooked on rings, handbags etc. but it lasted the day.  I'm looking a little bleary eyed despite all that make-up.  Unsurprisingly.


The henna starts wearing in

Sally, Kellie, Ali, Indy and Nicola


Sally and Liz couldn't wait for the professional henna ladies so did each other after a lot of wine.  I couldn't stop laughing at them.  Liz had, shall we say "men's parts" on her hand for a week.  Sally's leg didn't look to clever either.  They look like they're still laughing here I couldn't keep a straight face at how bad their artwork was.


The boys got turbans.  More laughing.


Actress Indira Varma and Adrian Bower


Drummers start playing and everyone gathers round


As the groom arrives


There's a ceremony where the families join together


Here's the dad's - Mo and Richard


Then more fabulous food


Another drummer greets us at the chapel


For the Sikh wedding ceremony




My first glimpse of Charlie


I love the back too


I'm trying to zoom in here


I managed one shot of Nav in his turban before he took it off


Beautiful Charlie

The gorgeous bridesmaids


Sally's daughter Daisy


Daisy and Kellie

Daisy, Kellie and I


The fabulous Sarah King whose an agent and actor Ciaran McMenamin.

We were served amazing Indian canapés

Followed by a Bhangra dancing lesson on the lawn!





Then we formed a circle


And the bride and groom joined in



That was great fun


Upstairs for dinner - here's the view from the window


A secret garden in the distance


More fantastic food


This time curry


Pudding and wonderful speeches that made everyone laugh and cry


Downstairs for a party


I have no idea what the first dance was?


Adrian Bower and director Ben Winston


Lovely Liz and Lizzy


Nav and his cousin, comedian Paul Chowdhry

Mary McCoy, Sarah King, Indira Varma and Shelley Rubenstein

Phil, Steven, Nicola and Jake.  At least I get them all looking at the camera

I'm wearing the kaftan I dyed.  See previous post.  Someone said "I'll take one of you all"  Nice one.

Then back to our room to carry on the party


The usual silliness.  I don't know what time we went to bed but it was daylight.  We had fun though.

Mr and Mrs C's car's been done up Indian style

The last of the friends are leaving and some music suddenly blasts out of the car stereo

The dancing kicks off again.  The owners must have thought we were completely mental.

They're doing well considering the hangovers.  I felt like someone had put an axe in my head when I opened my eyes.  Thank God for Nurofen.


The Chowdhry's leave

And we all meet in the pub up the road.  Three jugs of Bloody Mary later we've all decided we're staying another night.

We're recommended to go to a lovely village called East Coker

Where the Helyar Arms does excellent food

A proper olde English pub.  Perfect.


Somerset didn't know what had hit them.  What a fabulous weekend.

Photography by Britt Spring

Congratulations Charlie and Nav, we love you xxx

I can't believe I've run out of time again.
 I will be over to visit everyone this week I promise xxx



44 comments:

Splenderosa said...

I feel as if I had been with you for this fabulous weekend. You have the most amazing friends who seem to do the most wonderful, fun things. And, C, I would've recognized your hands anywhere (they are beautiful, like you). And, thank God you didn't edit the pics otherwise we would have missed something. Congrats to the couple who look so happy. xx's

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

How perfectly wonderful!
Makes me want to get married all over again!!

Terri said...

What interesting nuptials--and Charlie was stunning in BOTH of her gowns.

Vix said...

Dearest Christina, what a beautiful day. everyone looked stunning and I'm very impressed that you managed to keep going for the entire three days.
Loved Charlie's purple shoes, you said they were amazing. Your red number was just perfect, too. Such a fab idea to get a tailor whip something up with silk you already had.
I adore Indira Varma and was ridiculously excited to see her amongst the other glam guests.
Love you! Vix xxx

Wildernesschic said...

Oh god I don't know where to start..Mc Donalds breakfast .... Yum yum the place .. Amazing.. the wedding ..gorgeous.. your friends .. all gorgeous.. Charlies shoes.. I want to steal.. Henna Tattoo I want one... The turbans.. I could die laughing .. Your outfit just fabulous .. I love the colour.. I am so glad you all had a fabulous time.. Well done on putting all this together .. xx

Missy Vintage said...

Your pictures are super, I think you are being hard on yourself when you war of the quality. What a happy happy bride! She seems a very sunny and fun person indeed. It looks like a brilliant time was had by all. Hope everyone's recovered now!

x

MyStyle said...

Hi there!! What a totally wonderful and stunning post, the weddings looked exquisite and the Bride and Groom are such a happy, handsome couple-everyone looked fabulous and gorgeous and loved your red outfit, it looked amazing!! fabulous photos and post, sums up an awesome weekend I'm sure! xxx

Bourbon&Pearls said...

What a venue what a wedding and what a happy bride.
I don't think I have the stamina for two day affairs, I can barely make it through a one day wedding - I always go home for a break!

Caroline, No. said...

OH! I really enjoyed reading this, thanks! It looks like lots of luxurious fun, a two day wedding...nice! This line really made me laugh.

'I felt like someone had put an axe in my head when I opened my eyes.'

xx

Rose&Bird said...

What a fantastic sounding weekend, I especially like the shot of Charlie in the garden in her second outfit x

Alison Cross said...

What a completely and utterly fantastic set of photos of a truly memorable and unique event!

I've never seen so many gorgeous people in the one place before!

You look wonderful (goes without saying that the Bride and Groom looked wonderful!) and all those men in suits. I VERY much fancy several chaps at this wedding and one in particular looks very pass-remarkable :-)

The venue is stunning. What a weekend! No wonder we've hardly heard from you!

Ali x

Skye said...

That looks like so much fun, nothing like a lovely good time wedding where everyone, young and old, really gets into the swing of it. I thought the bhangra dance lesson looked awesome!

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh my goodness - you do have the most amazing life, Christina!

I don't know where to start... the house and grounds are just amazing... the bride and groom are so delightful and I particularly love her second outfit and her purple shoes. Your red kaftan and snood are AMAZING and you look beautiful as always - your jewellery is AMAZING and you have beautiful hands. Is that a weird thing to say?

Everything looks just beautiful and I am so glad you had a lovely few days of joy and laughter and dancing and fun.

Sarah xxx

Kitty said...

Wow and wow! What a beautiful couple, a lovely wedding and a wonderful weekend. Love that they had a dancing lesson included, what a great idea. Your kaftan looks amazing, the colour really suits you and the borrowed jewellery is perfect for it.xx.

Penny Dreadful said...

What a beautiful wedding. Charlie is so beautiful and I love her shoes, and your red outfit is gorgeous, and I love the mix of foods, and the bhangra dancing, and that pic of AD singing, and Indira is so pretty (I love her just for Bride and Prejudice). So glad you had a great time, thanks so much for sharing the pictures xxx

Catherine Robinson said...

Great pics Christina...the Orangery looks wonderful and the bride beautiful...love the secret garden!
Thanks for dropping by my blog...all changed to pop up comments :)
Have a great week.
http://wwwcatherinerobinsoncashmere.blogspot.com/

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Maybe Charlie and Nav could be a cuter couple, but I don't know how. They are adorable.

Adrian really rocked the turban. Fo sho.

Love you, Christina.

Smashingbird said...

Oh Christina this looked absolutely wonderful! What a beautiful couple. Big Congrats to them! xx

Helena Halme said...

What a fantastic wedding - your pictures are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Helena xx

Young at Heart said...

hilarious........am exhausted just reading about your exploits....I cried and laughed, thanks for taking me to the wedding......an excellent way to keep me at my desk and not walking out after a particularly unpleasent, middle-aged, 1970s-bad-sitcom throw back pissed me right off.....aaagh xx

Mónica C. Welton said...

so stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

That's Not My Age said...

That looks like the best wedding ever. Loads of lovely food, gorgeous guests and Bhangra dancing too. Perfect.

Fashionistable said...

Well I am not surprised you ran out of time again. This is an epic post. Epic weekend to go with it. What a brilliant wedding love the mixing of the 2 cultures and the double ceremonies. What a great excuse to get dressed up twice. You looked beautiful as always. I must say the purple satin Miu Miu's blew me away. So lovely to hear from you again. Xxxx

CameronPoe2409 said...

What a gorgeous wedding and everyone looked fabulous and I love those purple miu mius! Hope you've recovered xx

Simone said...

OMG, what an amazing wedding.....such a beautiful location and lots of proper friends....how lovely.

What a beautiful couple they are - and you looked pretty fabulous too!! xx

Belle de Ville said...

This is beyond fabulous.
I would love to go to a wedding like this.
And the saris...and your jewelry... and the dancing...wow!

Ms. Moon said...

Thank you for the rooster. Thank you for everything! God. What gorgeousness! I am...gobsmacked? Is that you guys say?
Love and kisses....M

The Fashionable Traveler said...

Looks like a fabulous time! I would love to experience and Indian wedding. Enjoyed your pictures, and looked fab...as always

Frocktasia said...

Dearest Christina,
I love that last photo! I think an orchard is a fabulous setting for wedding pictures, beats the traditional 'on the lawn outside the church' setting by a long shot. This photo looks like it came about by pure chance, like it was something that the bride & groom did off the cuff. I have to say that I'm not a fan of those directed wedding photo shoots "you stand here gazing lovingly at your bride as she sits over there with her dress smoothed down to perfection with a trail of rose petals on the floor"...this pic is beautifully unique & full of humor.
Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend.
Being an old hand at marriage (12 years) I can thoroughly recommend it to anyone;)
All my best to Charlie & Nav, may they have a lifelong, loving, prosperous & very happy married life together.
You look amazing in your red ensemble.
Take care luv,
Jennie
xXx

mon sac by me said...

Everything so perfect, couple, people, place, Gorgeous !!!
Best wishes !!

http://monsacbyme.com

Liz Carter said...

Gorgeous Tina, what brilliant memories!
Love all the pics, Nav and Charlie are amazing and look it too.

see you soon I hope x x

Mrs P said...

Wow amazing wedding, you are the biggest party animal I know (and that includes my kids who are in their twenties!) Thank you for taking the time to put all this together, I loved it x

JS said...

Tiger, you were bunderful, first class, lubbed the bedding, it was one of the best.

Seriously I was there, had the fortune of staying at the Hollies with Nav and family, an interesting experience indeed...

Alex said...

Oh spooky! I'm just watching an episode of Bones that Indira is in. Slightly cliched dialogue aside (and I'm obviously blaming the Yank writers for that), she's amazing.

This looks like it was a truly incredible occasion. I love all of your photos - they capture the spirit of fun and celebration so, so well. And haven't you got an amazingly attractive bunch of friends?! Charlie looks stunning in both of her wedding outfits.

I'm just amazed you all managed to get up for day two!

Lilian Harlow said...

This is one of the most spectacular weddings I have ever seen! The venue is amazing, but you have captured the fun and happiness of the occasion so perfectly in these photos. I don't even know the bride and groom, yet I couldn't help but smile whilst enjoying these pics.

You looked beautiful by the way :)

Wedding Themes said...

Awesome Memories !!!

EmmaB said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

Outsources Bookkeeping said...

What a location what a marriage and what a satisfied woman.
I don't think I have the endurance for two day relationships, I can hardly create it through a one day marriage - I always go house for a break!

Auto Loan Rate Quote said...

Your images are extremely, I think you are being challenging on yourself when you war of the excellent. What a satisfied happy bride! She seems a very warm and fun individual indeed. It looks like a amazing there was a time had by all. Wish everybody's retrieved now!

Nationwide Auto Loan said...

Looks like a incredible time! I would love to encounter and Native indian marriage. Experienced your images, and seemed fab...as always

pegge lee said...

I like very much this pictures and i like to visit again and forward to my friends too.


gotowe prace licencjackie

anna catherine said...

i like very much this pictures. Looks very nice. Looks like a incredible time!

klima servisi

john calvin said...

Such a different post to see this.The collection of images are wonderful and delightful to forward everyone.I hope your regular updation of this kind of such a joyful post.
Chevrolet Auto Glass

Cafe24 Fashion Blog said...

I really love that place.. :)