Friday, 13 May 2011

Iconic American clothing private view at Out Of Town, Clerkenwell



Last night Jo, Daisy and I had a lovely evening out.  We went to the private view of an exhibition of American vintage menswear at the fabulous Out of Town in Clerkenwell.

I love the shop, there's some great pieces in there

The shop is owned by my brilliant friend Jon Cooke (above) and Seb Marling.  Jon always looks fantastic and has an amazing eye for all things vintage.  And he cracks me up, which is always a bonus.

The shop normally looks like this 

Everything in it's for sale


They do excellent coffee and "proper" food

And the best Welsh Rarebit in London, made the correct way with lots of mature cheese, Worcester sauce, beer and a beaten egg.  They kept bringing out platefuls straight from under the grill.  It was delicious.  We washed it down with beer or bottles of Coca Cola.  I had about ten pieces which was my dinner for the evening.

Jon's 1956 Lambretta in the window

We all piled into the shop for a look around.  Jon's teaching me about vintage menswear

Some of the jeans were found by a guy who abseils down mountains into disused gold mines.  How mental is that?








This leather jacket is from the 1930's.
I took snaps of some of my friends


Director Rob Leggatt


Stylist Emma Freemantle

Actress Caroline Loncq and Jonjo

Actor Simon Kunz


Actress Daisy Beaumont


Actress Josephine Butler


Menswear and style expert Jason Jules who has a great blog Garmsville

We were outside chatting and this rather amazing car pulled up

He needed two spaces to park it!  It's a Chrysler Newport, I love it I think it's really cool

Thanks Jon and Seb, we had a great night and lots of fun xxx

Check out the exhibition which runs until 28th May if you get the chance.  Otherwise pop in for some Welsh Rarebit.

At least Blogger's working at last!  Hope you're having a wonderful evening xxx


23 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

I would not know what to look at - the clothes, the car, the moped or the people!! Looks like such a fab time!

Sarah xxx

monsacbyme said...

Wonderful evening, such a hight quality for everything !!!!!

http://monsacbyme.com

Vintage Vixen said...

Dear Christina, sounds like my idea of heaven, vintage menswear, Welsh rarebit,shaven-headed men and old motors, what a fantastic place.
Jon's drooling after that khaki jacket and the vintage Lambrette.
Have a great weekend and let's speak very soon.
Love you xxx

trashsparkle said...

Will try and pop over there next time I'm in London. Looks ace.

Do you remember Flip in Long Acre? That was a much messier, rummagey version. Great fun - and I saw Morrissey & Johnny Marr there once, when Peel did their early sessions.

In all the blogger-disappearance havoc this week, I haven't really said hi properly apart from replying to you on my blog; which then vanished! So hi, love your blog and thanks for popping over to mine!

Sweet Harvest Moon said...

Looks great!

http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-sounds like a wonderful evening and what a fabulous selection of vintage too, love the jackets!! xx

Make Do Style said...

I'm going to be going there for the Welsh Rarebit!! xx

Wildernesschic said...

Looks amazing I would love all those hats.. Daisy is so pretty xx

Vintage Sparkle said...

I have to ask:were the jeans found in the mines or just found somewhere else by a man who goes to the mines??!
The Welsh rarebit look unbelievable! xx

Belle de Ville said...

What a great store...I would love to shop there. And the vintage American car is just classic.

sacramento said...

It looks fantastic, Christina.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Angie Muresan said...

Love the set up of the shop! I'm sure I wouldn't leave empty handed.

sacramento said...

Where do I find: Dashboard - Settings - Comments - Pop Up Window ????

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Looks like a cool shop full of cool people! What a great car too! I really fancy popping in for something to eat if nothing else!

Fashionistable said...

It is lovely to see a successful vintage menswear shop. Love that car too amazing. Xxxx

Smashingbird said...

Looks like a very cool shop indeed! Hope you are having a fab weekend, blogger has been such a pain in the arse lately! xxx

Penny Dreadful said...

That Welsh rarebit looks delish. I need to learn more about menswear too, future planning! xx

SabinePsynopsis said...

This shop looks great. Totally on my list of must-visits now!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

The shop is great. And that old Chrysler is phenomenal.

Love you!

That's Not My Age said...

My friend James told me about this shop - and we went along on a Sunday but it was closed. Definitely need to go back when it's open!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I love your pics of your fab nights out - gorgeous clothes, food, people, location, everything. The car, oh the car!! Jon sounds like a hoot and I love his entire outfit in the first pic. Gorgeous!!! xo

beebayonline said...

Nice post! You have worked hard on jotting down the essential information. Keep sharing the good work in future too.
clothes for boys

funny t-shirts said...

thanks for sharing this post. I'm so much impressed on your blog so much. Very interesting content. I like it so much.