Thursday, 14 April 2011

Pretty in pink



Portrait by Russell Young
Marilyn Monroe 'Goddess'
Acrylic paint, enamel and diamond dust on linen
62 x 48 inches

Today I thought I'd give you another of my random picture collections.  I love the colour pink, when I was a kid I was obsessed with it and wanted absolutely everything to be pink.  Now I own barely any.  This post is dedicated to my dearest Helga and Faux Fuschia who are both fabulous in pink.

Hot pink lips

Photography by Richard Burbidge
Magdalena Frackowiak


Joan Crawford looking slightly freaky

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Kate Moss, 1992


Audrey Hepburn

Photography by Craig McDean
Coco Rocha

Photography by Craig McDean
Coco Rocha


Dress by Diane von Furstenberg

Jessica Rabbit

Photography by Steven Meisel
Julia Stegner

Mae West lips sofa by Salvador Dali

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Chanel


Dress by Salvatore Ferragamo

Photography by Craig McDean
Sasha Pivovarova

Toyah Wilcox


Zsa Zsa Gabor


I love the poodle's face in this one


Christina Aguilera


Lana Turner


Brigitte Bardot

Lana Turner

Photography by Bert Stern
Veruschka

Ana Beatriz Barros and Alessandra Ambrosio backstage at Victoria's Secret

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Kate Moss

Photography by Marcin Tyszka
Anja Rubik

Photography by Steven Meisel
Karen Elson

Portrait by Giovanni Boldini
Marthe de Florian

Gwyneth Paltrow


Jamie Neilson


Suzy Parker

Photography by Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer
Catherine McNeil


Marilyn Monroe


Audrey Hepburn

Photography by Russell Young
Brigitte Bardot
Acrylic and enamel paint on canvas

Photography by Glen Luchford
Hilary Rhoda


Anita Ekberg


The only pink thing I own - Elizabeth Arden 1950's marabou bed jacket


Agent Provocateur marabou pom pom mules


Carole Landis

Photography by Sølve Sundsbø
Scarlett Johansson

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Kylie Minogue

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Kylie Minogue

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Kylie Minogue

Photography by Steven Meisel
Karen Elson


Cacharel


Mia Farrow in The Great Gatsby

Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin


Audrey Hepburn


Sophia Loren

Photography by Lance Staedler
Kate Moss

Photography by Ellen von Unwerth
Claudia Schiffer


Brigitte Bardot (not strictly pink, but what a great shot!)

Photography by Alexei Hay
Hana Soukupova


Hat by Stephen Jones

Photography by Sølve Sundsbø
Magdalena Frackowiak

Photography by Miles Aldridge
Siri Tollerod

I'd love a pair of pink glitter shoes

Photography by Steven Meisel
Natalia Vodianova

Photography by Steven Meisel
Natalia Vodianova

Photography by Steven Meisel
Sasha Pivovarova

Photography by Sølve Sundsbø
Jerry Hall for Ponystep


Suzy Parker


Jane Mansfield's bathroom - check out the floor to ceiling carpet!!
My post on her bonkers house The Pink Palace is HERE

1970's bedroom - Fabulous!


Gloria Swanson


Vivien Leigh


Twiggy


Elizabeth Taylor


The puff bow by Tour de Force 


Yves Saint Laurent bow back dress


Portrait by Russell Young
Marilyn Monroe
"reach out and touch faith"
Cream and suicide pink
Acrylic paint, enamel and diamond dust on linen
62 x 48 inches


I watched this film umpteen times as a teenager.  I had a thing for Andrew McCarthy back then


And I've still got a thing for James Spader...

Unfortunately they watered down the Psychedelic Furs song for the movie, here's the original,  it's much better


Have a brilliant day xxx


31 comments:

Karena said...

lOVE PINK, LOVE IT!!

POOR jOAN!!


xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Jessie said...

hahaha I love this!

XX
Jessie
http://87life.blogspot.com

Ms. Moon said...

Sweet, hot pink cotton candy for the eyes.
Love this! There's just something about pink that says, "I'm a woman. Deal with it."
And I love that.

Lo said...

Wonderful, no.....brilliant treatment of a simple subject!

I love pink too, but that is almost beside the point.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello:
Lovely, stylish and fun images! We, too, are very fond of pink [slightly in moderation] and particularly when it verges on a quirky shade of cerise.

MyStyle said...

Hi there!! Gorgeous inspirational pictures and a wonderful post, I do love pink more on others than on myself though I did score a RED Valentino pink dress on Saturday at the boot sale, I must do a post on it!! Have a great day my dear! xxx

Alex said...

Uh oh, self-avowed loather of all things pink here. I never liked it even when I was a kid and I honestly can't think of a single pink thing I own now. Aren't some of those photos marvellous though? I can even look beyond the overwhelming pinkness of some of them and just admire their beauty.

I'm off to gawp at Jayne Mansfield's house now and work out how long it would take me to go mental if I lived there. About 5 seconds I reckon.

ps - doesn't that photo of Julia Stegner look like your friend Sarah Owen?

Dash said...

Like you I think I over pinked as a child, now I own very little in pink, in fact MG has more pink in his wardrobe than I do, not that I am averse to the colour, it is very pretty, you have selected some gorgeous images. funnily enough I watched Richard Gere in Breathless the other evening, I remember watching it years ago and lusting after Valerie Kaprisky's little pink dress, I also loved the pink dress and tiara that Audrey wore in breakfast at Tiffany's.
XXX

Misfits Vintage said...

So much fabulousness going on here! For someone who doesn't really adore pink, I sure seem to wear it a lot - I've worn it twice this week!

I especially love Marilyn's amazing acrylic shoes, ZsaZsa and her poodle, pink hair, glitter pink shoes and Lana Turner's feather hat. And I'm off to read about Jayne Mansfield's insane house now - thanks Christina!

Sarah xxx

PS Oh and I always thought Andrew McCarthy was a total sap - but I ADORED Duckie so much! xxx

Young at Heart said...

ooooh love it....I always think pink....my bedroom is crushed raspberry, my sitting room is Maroccan pink and my kitchen is plaster pink....what can I say, am a recovering tomboy!!xx

skirmishofwit said...

What a super selection! Loved looking through these.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

James Spader hasn't aged so well, but he sure was hot back in the day.

This is, so far, my favorite collection of photos. You did a great job! I loved all of them, except for the freaky-deaky Joan Crawford one. That bitch scares me. Actually, so does Bette Davis with her damn googly eyes. Yuck.

I sometimes chase the cats around with a hanger, sreaming: NO MORE WIRE HANGERS EVER! I can tell they are secretly thrilled by it.

Your bonkers friend,

SB

alison said...

i LOVE the pink pictures, the most beautiful distraction so far today thank you

Alison x

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I so needed this burst of pink this morning-- "Think pink!"

Helena Halme said...

Fantastic collection of photos. I love pink, the brighter the better. When my daughter was born I dressed her in pink a lot (very non-pc) but that made her almost hate the colour. Can't win....xx

Pearl Westwood said...

I LOVE the poodles!!!

Splenderosa said...

WOW! I love pink. And, those shoes on Marilyn! xx's

Fashionistable said...

I am not a huge fan of pink but since I've gone blonde it is beginning to be on my radar. In fact I am wearing pink tights today...... Xxxx

Penny Dreadful said...

Another amazing collection of photographs, there are too many to possibly choose a favourite. I never used to like pink as I found it too girly, but lately I have started to wear it more and more. Andrew McCarthy was a hunky wasn't he, and James Spader was drool-worthy in Secretary xx

K said...

That was fun! Clearly you need more pink clothes in your life.

K xx

Helga! said...

EEEEEEEK!!! I'm in pinkalicious heaven!! I can't believe you only own 1 pink thing!Goodness!
Thanks for ther deication,it's made my morning!!!
Ooo,loved the post on Bubbles,what a fab lady!
XXXXXXXXXXXX

Helga! said...

oo,and James Spader has always given me the horn too!
x

Terri said...

Many excellent images...I realized that the fixtures in our guest bathroom are pink, tub & toilet!

WendyB said...

Always great to see Toyah.

Lo said...

haha!! this is great!!! it totally reminds me of Aerosmith's song:

Pink it´s my new obsession
Pink it´s not even a question
Pink on the lips of your lover, cause
Pink is the love you discover
Pink as the bing on your cherry
Pink cause you are so very
Pink it´s the color of passion
`Cause today it just goes with the fashion!!

La Dama said...

I know I hardly own pink, that bed
love Zaa Zaa.
jacket is gorgeous, Gwyneth Paltrow looks like you in that foto.

Angie Muresan said...

I do love pink, yet rarely wear it. But I do have a peony pink bedroom. I love the way the color makes my skin glow. Oh yeah, and I live in a pink Victorian. The only pink house in the neighborhood.

SCATTI said...

Complimenti Christina per il tuo meraviglioso blog.
Mauro

Gorilla Girl said...

haha oh wow same title and everything!:D Love all the shots of Bardot, she has the most amazing quality, i find her so inspiring!! thanks for linking mexx

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting to read about this in your article. blood pressure

Antonio K.Tackett said...

Hello there, You've done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.
NOS 15760NOS High-Flow/ Low-Pressure Fuel Pump