Wednesday, 27 April 2011

I buy yet more sequins



Photography by Honer Akrawi
Mona Johannesson

There must be a helpline or something!  I know it's the wrong time of year but I love sequins and I love a bargain.  Inspired by pictures like these I found another little number I couldn't resist.

Tallulah is modelling it for me.  The jacket is a perfect fit but sadly I can't do the zip up to the top on the trousers!  Time for that holiday diet I keep going on about, but never sticking to.

Photography by Stefano Galuzzi
Elisa Sednaoui

This isn't what I was going to show you but I LOVE this picture and this outfit


I bought this sequin hoodie by Antik Batik on Ebay last year for £20

Photograph courtesy of the V&A
Chanel evening trouser suit, 1937
Black sequins applied onto net ground lined with silk chiffon.
Given to the V&A by Mrs Diana Vreeland.

Photography by Matt Jones.  Picture from Lily Lemontree
Diane Kruger wears a sequin dress by Emilio Pucci, £3095


Black and silver sequin trouser suit, Ebay £19


I like the stars and the silver details


The stripes down the arm are a nice touch


Both pieces will be great worn separately


I like the silver stripe on the trousers too

And the oversize stars


Rather a bargain, don't you think?

And a huge thank you to the gorgeous Sarah from Misfits Vintage for this beautiful marabou headpiece and wonderful Seventies card that arrived from Australia this morning.  If you haven't visited Sarah already you must, her blog is brilliant and very funny.

I will take a picture of me wearing it.  I'm off to the hairdressers now.  My hair hasn't quite recovered from looking like I'd been electrocuted at the weekend!

I'm still catching up on my blog reading - I shall do the rest this evening.  Hope you're enjoying the sun.  Isn't it fabulous?  The only thing is I'm having to live in maxi dresses, I'm so white it's embarrassing! xxx


24 comments:

Alex said...

Oh I love it! Stars and sequins are such a winning combination.

If you ever win the lottery I think you should definitely treat yourself to that beautiful Pucci dress. You'd look amazing in it.

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-a stunning buy, both pieces are totally gorgeous and I love the silver sequinned detailing, they are certainly wonderful!! A real bargain too, sequins are forever stylish, I'm sure you will get a few good outfit choices from both items xxx

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

A girl can never have too much sparkle!

New to your blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Chuck said...

Love the idea of a sequin helpline!

Vintage Vixen said...

Dear Christina, you are officially the Queen of Sequins. That suit is beyond fabulous and I can't wait to see you wearing it.
Sarah's headpiece is astounding and she has the best choice in mad cards ever. xxx

Ms. Moon said...

Yeah. Bargain of the CENTURY because it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see pictures of you in either/both!
Dang. Good shopping!

Smashingbird said...

That is a seriously fabulous buy, who cares if it isn't the season! Love it. x

MilaneseGAL said...

Dear Christina, divine selection, lovely photos (Elisa's one is my Fav) and cutest head piece in marabù, nice gift !!! Try www.jcrew.com for more sequins....
Hugs, ML

Sarcastic Bastard said...

We still have no sun here in Buttfuck, Ohio. Enjoy it for me. I love the sequined suit, and Sarah is a doll.

Much love,

SB

Make Do Style said...

Loving the sequin habit - there is no rehab for sequins ok!! xx

Votre éminence cerise said...

Why do we love sequins so much?! I'm obsessed too. I still fantasize about owning the black floor-length sequin wrap gown from the Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2006 collection. Ridiculous!

I made some fairy cakes for children over the weekend and ended up covering them in (edible) purple glitter I found at the deli. EVERYTHING needs sequins or glitter... even food.

Great post x

sacramento said...

I adore all your ebay shpping.That suit is such a bargain, ahhhhhhhhh I wish I could see you wearing the jacket or the lot...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DaniBP said...

It's fabulous! I can't believe you find all of these things on ebay, it's incredible the prices.
You must have so much fun dressing up Tallulah!

Catriona said...

My ebay searches are definitely too safe..must use the word 'sequins' and see what happens.

Fashionistable said...

You are funny, I am afraid I cant help as I dont know any sequin help lines. Another amazing piece. The sunshine is wonderful. Xxxx

La Dama said...

Now, when I see sequins ,will forever remind me of you amor.
that is a lovely sequins and stars outfit,I could never pull off wearing pants that beautiful.
Sarita is so entertaining ,she has a big sweet heart.

Splenderosa said...

Ohhhh Christina, never never change! This is why we all love you. Great outfit, darling, and what a price. I love Ebay, mostly for finding antique things for gifts and for the home, but I've been amazed at the clothing on there. I think some of the shops have their sell-off stuff there.
Anyway, I love Michael Jackson and I think you and he would've been great friends...he liked sequins too. Come see my Royal Wedding outfit, and let me know what you think (the real truth, as you're the Brit & I'm a Yank!).

Kitty said...

Try living in Queensland and being white, ouch! At least we're past the age where it's required to show heaps of skin!

Perdita said...

That suit is fabulous. I am in deep envy- and SUCH bargain, too!

Alison Cross said...

You are the Queen of Ebay. How do you find all these amazing bargains?!

I didn't manage to win the sequinned jacket on the last auction, but I am now infected with the sequins virus. I blame you.

I love the suit, I can just imagine you in it. What shoes will you wear with it?

AX

quintessence said...

Great sequins!! Love yours as well as the beautiful Pucci on Diane Kruger. You do score the most amazing pieces!!

CameronPoe2409 said...

£19! That is a fabulous bargain and another great addition to your shrine to sequins! xx

ellen said...

Oh the sequined hoodie - perfect clash of style.

modest dresses said...

WOW love this dress. is super girly chic! and my favorite part are black dress... I totally want it.
great post and super glad I found your blog you seem so down to earth and I love that...