Saturday, 26 February 2011

Things that caught my eye this week




Fashion designer Danielle Scutt's stunning new jewellery collection

My favourite is the necklace and belt above which I think are fabulous.  The collection is a collaboration with Freedom at Top Shop which means they shouldn't be expensive.  They go in store on 1st April.  Danielle cites her inspiration for the collection as Frida Kahlo, Peggy Guggenheim and Prevost's novel Manon Lescaut.  The luxury pieces are made of matt gold components, enamel and woven platinum blonde hair, I'm assuming the hair's not real!


Lipstick earrings with platinum blonde hair


Jewellery, make-up and tea all in one pair of earrings - perfect.

Other things I've liked this week

Andy Warhol's portrait of Tina Chow on Little Augury's blog

Which reminded me of this Betsey Johnson Marilyn coat on Ebay
This is bonkers and not exactly a bargain purchase but I think it's great fun!  Available to Buy it now at £117

I also liked these Betsey Johnson red velvet wedges on Ebay
Unfortunately they are too small for me at size 5.  They are currently on at £21.75 with no bids yet.  I love the heart buckles.


Vintage Seventies fringed maxi dress on Ebay
I thought this was great but it went well above what I was prepared to pay and sold for £125!

I think I've found an outfit in my wardrobe for the Mad Men party tonight.  I am taking Kate's advice and saying I'm from Season 4 which goes into the early Sixties.  The Actor was talking about going as Colonel Gadaffi earlier!  I shall definitely take some pictures to blog.  God knows what I'm going to do with my hair.  I bought a set of original Carmen rollers on Ebay last year that someone had knocking about in their loft unopened.  I don't know if my theory is correct but every time I use them, no matter how I do it my hair looks like something straight out of the Seventies!  I tried to do a beehive earlier but it just falls back into my usual style after five minutes.  Hmmmm.  I'm hoping that I'll get away with it as I always dress up anyway.

Have a great Saturday xxx


23 comments:

Helga! said...

Christina,darling,I love the early 60's!! Perfect choice for this party.I must say,my hair does not behave with rollers at all! Behives are easy,just do a pony tail to start,and do Vix's sock trick!!! Besides,you'll look divine no matter what you do!!!
Enjoy!xxx
O,I love that maxi,and Betsye Johnson is one of the few designers who totally rocks it!

Christine said...

That necklace in the first pic is amazing!

Have fun at the Mad Men party Christina, I can't wait to see your pics afterwards and good luck on the hairdo ;)

x

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-fabulous picks here, the Betsey Johnson piece is totally amazing!!! Hope you have a wonderful time tonight, you will look amazing and can't wait to see your pictures!!

Make Do Style said...

I love the coat! Bonkers but brilliant.

And I must arrange to drop bag off soon as my serum is the best!! xx

Kitty said...

That fringed maxi is fabulous!! I have never seen one like that. Hope you enjoy the party, and please get some photos of yourself this time, I want to see your outfit.xx.

Alex said...

Those wedges are tremendous. I'd buy them myself but I have size 6 feet and I doubt I can squeeze them in :(

My hair won't stay in proper styles either, it's such a pain! Could you sweep back some of the front and clip it at the back of your head? It might not be a proper beehive but it's sort of on the way there.

ps - outfit photos please! Would love to see The Actor as Col. Gadaffi!!

That's Not My Age said...

Love it all - the first and fourth series of Mad Men are my favourites - enjoy the party!

That's Not My Age said...

Love it all - the first and fourth series of Mad Men are my favourites - enjoy the party!

Vintage Vixen said...

Hi Christina! Those lipstick earrings are fabulous, aren't they? Love the dress so much, I'm going to have to look out for upholstery fringing at car boot sales over the summer and customise my own.
Colonel Gadaffi is an inspired choice for a Mad Men party. Hope the hair works out okay, do the sock trick if you get stuck. xxx

Vintage Sparkle said...

Love the sound of a Mad Men party, can't wait to see the pictures!
Have fun xx

Penny Dreadful said...

The Marilyn coat and fringed maxi are gorgeous, I have noticed prices for maxi dresses rocketing up on ebay lately. A true indicator that the 70s really are in vogue this season. Can't wait to see what you are dressed in for the Mad Men party, hope you have a wonderful time. I'm just about to FINALLY go through the LFW photos, first moment I've had time! xx

Christine @ Fash n Chips said...

Hi Christina, it's me again! I've changed my blog name and url today, so I wanted to make sure you could find my new blog and maybe you can update it in your blogroll?

Fanciful Vision is now: Fash n Chips

Hope to see you there! And again, have fun at the party :) x

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

One thing I've recently learned. Necklaces and belts like those are prone to set off buzzers at airport security.

Alison Cross said...

What about putting your hair into a sort of French Roll - takes tons of hair clips though!

Can't wait to see the pix from the party.

I think the fringed maxi is wonderful. Howcome I never get to see these marvellous things on ebay? lol!

Have a great night!

Ali x

Ruby Tuesday said...

Wow I love the first photo the whole image is stunning and I love those red wedges ... sadly too small for me too...
I bet you will have a wonderful time tonight, why don't you try like Ali said a French pleat at the back but pull lots out at the front .. its quite easy to do..
Lovely chatting with you ... we mustn't leave it so long xx

LEONID GUREVICH said...

Christina, dear

Awesome post. LOVE these lipstick earrings how inspiring. Am reading an Andy Warhol diaries at the moment. Incredible how i used to misunderstand him. He was an amazing man. Amazing.

Leon

quintessence said...

Fun finds!! I loved the Tina Chow Warhol as well - those eyes!!

Young at Heart said...

head down, back comb madly, a ton of Elnett......twist and prong with those giant hair grips........hair presto a french pleat.....then more Elnet!! x

Faux Fuchsia said...

can't wait to see the Mad Men snaps. Thought Col G was an inspired choice. Good luck with your beehive updo- teasing and strong hold spray will be Your Friends.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

We must have a photo of you in the Mad Men get up.

I love the Warhol jacket and the lipstick earrings. Great finds.

I love you more though. Hope it's a good week. The party sounds fun!

SB

MilaneseGAL said...

Dear Christina, fab findings on eBay ! Keep looking... A hug, M. PS dud you pick at Oscar Night? Baci from CAL

Fashionistable said...

That 1st shot, all that gold. Wow, wow could belly dance in that. Amazing. Xxxx

Splenderosa said...

Whilst trying to be up-to-date and totally with it, you have one-upped me and gone back to the 60's.
But, I still love you!!