Monday, 28 February 2011

Mad Men party



On Saturday night we went to our great friend Benedict Wong's Mad Men party to celebrate his 40th Birthday.

I was ready on time for a change.  The Actor was late as he had to eat, iron his shirt and polish his shoes.  I ended up having a sandwich and two glasses of chocolate milkshake (always good for stomach lining!).   I was going to get him to take some pictures of me but it was 10.45pm when he arrived and we'd been told there was no entry at the club after 11pm.  Lots of people asked me to post some pictures so I took a few of myself.


I put Carmen rollers in my hair and curled it under and tried to do a beehive at the back with backcombing... needless to say it didn't work and my hair flopped straight back into the usual Seventies style


I wore a gold sequin shift dress which that I  bought on Ebay for £10


With a white marabou jacket, Ebay £40
Pearl, citrine and jet necklace, a present
and Dents satin gloves, Ebay £7


Giles for Gina patent shoes from his SS06 collection, a present from Giles.


Then I decided I was absolutely boiling in a heavy sequin dress so I put on this silk printed Betsey Johnson dress which I bought on Ebay ages ago for £15.  I've popped a Westwood choker on with it here.  I later changed that for the previous necklace.  I took my black sequin boots which I also changed into.  Sorry for the shocking picture, this was the least blurred.

The party was at the Mildmay Working Man's club in Newington Green.  I've been to lots of things here.  The last thing was an Oasis party.  It's Liam's favourite venue.  He always said he'd marry Nicole Appleton here.

Here's a snap of the dancefloor.  There was a giant screen playing Mad Men.


And the smoking pit which was constantly packed.

Everyone in the following pictures apart from me, Laura and Steven are actors... Here are some snaps of my friends and a few of me for a change


Birthday boy Benedict Wong.  Happy Birthday darling!


Adrian Bower


Navin Chowdhry and Jake Maskall


Josephine Butler and Donna Grant

John Simm and his wife Kate Magowan


Belinda Stewart-Wilson


Daisy Beaumont


Daisy's fabulous diamante gloves


Maime McCoy


Laura Price Bates


Caroline Loncq


Henry and I


Henry and Daisy Robertson


Daisy Beaumont, Adrian Bower and Kirsty-Loretta Mitchell


Steven Williams and Jake Maskall


Adrian Bower and I

Vix sent me a link to a site called Mad Men Yourself which is fun.  It was really helpful for accessories.  I had a bit of trouble choosing the right nose, the selection was dreadful.  Here's what mine turned out like.  My instinct would have been to pick the black cocktail dress but I was thinking gold and sparkly.



This was the closest I could get.


Here's me at 6am after quite a few JD and cokes.  Not sure what I'm doing with my dress but there was a fair bit of dancing back at mine.  I've added a pair of bunny ears to my outfit.

Needless to say I had a terrible hangover, one of those ones where you're frightened to open your eyes!  I tried to talk The Actor into getting some food delivered for dinner but he was having none of it.  He brought me a cup of tea and a pint of paracetamol and wheeled me off to his friend's new pub for a fantastic roast chicken and stuffing with tons of vegetables followed by an enormous plate of cheese, biscuits and grapes.  I forgot my camera but we'll definitely go back and I shall blog about it.

I haven't switched on the laptop for two days so I'm off to catch up with everyone's blogs, I've missed you all!  It's dull and rainy in London today. Tonight it's another night in front of the TV for me which I'm delighted about.  Have a lovely evening xxx  


30 comments:

Laura said...

You look amazing! The party look like so much fun xo

Belle de Ville said...

That looks like it was such a great party. I love the Mad Men theme.
Nice thighs!

Ruby Tuesday said...

Great photos everyone looks amazing.. I am sure it was a great night if you have not been near you laptop xx
Love the bunny ears LOL xx

Fashionistable said...

Looks like it was a great party and venue. It is wonderful that everyone made the effort to look elegant. You look great. Glad to hear it was a success. Xxxx

sacramento said...

I love the way you get your pics taken. You look beautiful anyway.What a lot of fun your life is.I am so glad to be able to be a part of it.
We are off to Málaga tomorrow for a few days. In Andalucía it is spring already, yeahhhhhhhhhh
Mil besos Guapa.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-looks like everyone had a wonderful time and its great how all the guests made a fabulous effort in dressing the part too!! Thats a cute picture to end with, you look lovely in both dresses!! Your Gina for Giles shoes are divine too xxx

Vintage Vixen said...

You look soooooo fabulous, Christina! You really did us proud with your outfits.
That party looked great fun, lots of my favourite TV folk there, as well you know. Can I see Hardeep Singh Kholi in the background, too?
I was worried about your poor head when you didn't post yesterday but it sounds like the Actor found the perfect cure for it, foods and loads of it. xxxx

Faux Fuchsia said...

You look beautiful. Excellent party. I could've got more height in your do with some Hardcore teasing and hairspray!

monikaki said...

You are really fabulous, you really look beautiful at 10.00 pma nd and 06.00 am...what a great party!!
Ciao monica

Young at Heart said...

that'a quite a look for 6am....... be hard pushed to look that well at 6pm!! The gold looked fab but the Betsy J is divine......utterly divine x

Make Do Style said...

Hahaha you monkey! I love Daisy's outfit she gets my 10/10 xx

Young at Heart said...

oh my god just googled Adrian.......I did his make up for the poster for the play he did with James Lance!!!!! and the world just got smaller........... cute and polite xx

Vintage Sparkle said...

You looked gorgeous. Loved yours and everyone else's outfits. Right up my street.
I wish I had the stamina to stay up til 6am!!!
xx

Miss Peelpants said...

I am so mad, I was trying to send you a message through facebook about costume stuff the other day, but my blackberry was not playing ball! So sorry. I was being utterly unhelpful anyway, so it's no great loss. I just don't want you to think I was being rude and not replying!!!

You clearly didn't need help though because you looked fabulous!

I saw Mr Simm and Mr Bower in Elling at the Bush Theatre ages ago, thought it was WONDERFUL!! I, of course, ended up in the front row in a bright yellow Alice Pollock blouse (entirely accidental positioning) and felt awful for being some horrific luminous yellow distraction all evening. ;)

xx

Helena Halme said...

Oh, just my kind of party! I love Mad men so much the theme tune is my iPhone ringtone.

You look gorgeous!

Helena xx

That's Not My Age said...

Oh I went to a party there once - I do like a working men's club. Looks like a fab night, is one of those men The Actor??

Alex said...

I spotted Hardeep too! Does he have a trackie top on? Not really that 60's, surely?

Everyone is beautifully dressed! The Actor (if my suspicions are correct and I know who he is..) is looking tres dapper! Isn't John Simm's wife beautiful? I loved her in Stardust.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear All, thanks so much for your lovely comments.

I'm afraid The Actor still wishes to remain anonymous on my blog. More's the pity! xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Vix and Alex, yes that's Hardeep in the trackie top. Some people didn't dress up.

Alex, sadly The Actor still can't be revealed on the blog xx

Kitty said...

thanks for making the effort with the photos, I love how you always look as pissed off as I feel when having my photo taken! Looks like it was a great party, as usual I'm jealous.xx.

Splenderosa said...

Girls just wanna have fun !
And, of course, it so much better if your a gorgeous blonde, isn't it?
xx's X10

Terri said...

Looks like it was a great party...and some interesting ensembles.

quintessence said...

What a fabulous looking party - and what a handsome chic crowd - including you - you look mahhhvelous!! Looks like a smashing evening. Love the birthday boy's pop of purple!!

Ms. Moon said...

Okay. I take it back. We cannot blog swap. I am too old, too fat, and cannot stay up past midnight. But here I am, drooling at your clothes, your party-going, your lovely life.
And yet- I still love my own, too.
Thanks, love, for this window into another world.

Alison Cross said...

Where to start???? Firstly, you looked wonderful in both outfits.

Secondly, your friends look divine.

Thirdly, you all look like you are having the best fun *envious face*

Fourthly, I do hope Legend is sitting down when he sees that shot of you with your skirt hoiked up lol!

Fifthly - I'm off to mad men myself

Lastly - Did The Actor look fantastic? I be he did! *wistful face*

Tons of love

Ali xxxxx

Filipa said...

Christina, you look so gorgeous and stunning my dear! I'm yet again speechless by your beauty and great looks, you don't look your age at all! I keep thinking you're my age! (21!) :) WHat a fun night it looked btw, I would love to be a part of Mad Men party, or anything Mad men really!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I loved the bunny ears addition. Laugh. We'd be dangerous drunk together.

Love you lots,

SB

Northern Snippet said...

How glam.
Embarrassingly,I have no idea what Mad Men is BTW.

Blueicegal ♥ said...

You look great! Just recently stumbled across your blog, and personally I love your posts on Actors such as James dean , Lauren Bacall etc. keep up the great work!:)

Misfits Vintage said...

Bloody hell what a fabulous life you lead! You look so amazing and gorgeous - those white shoes with the ankle straps are DIVINE - and what a gorgeous bunch of beautiful people. That Adrian Thingo is a bit of a spunk! He's a bit Matrix Does Mad Men.

The last pic made me literally laugh out loud - your skirt all hiked up and those bunny ears... so gorgeous!

Sarah xxx