Thursday, 30 December 2010

Thank you to Liberty xxx



When I did my post on our Christmas the other day I mentioned that my two favourite scents are Must de Cartier and a new one I discovered last year AnOther 13 by Le Labo.  A collaboration with AnOther magazine.  I was given a sample of Le Labo in a goody bag at one of Liberty's events last year, and I fell in love with it immediately.  I've worn Cartier for about twenty years and haven't found anything I like as much.  The wonderful girls at Liberty have kept me stocked up with Le Labo testers until it was available in store.  I saw the lovely Ben Cobb who's editor of AnOther Men magazine at the LOVE party and he said he'd send me some but being scatty I forgot to remind him.

I received an email this morning from Liberty saying it's now in store and would I like them to save me some as I can use my press discount.  I wrote back saying definitely as I've totally run out but I'd have to wait a while as I've spent all my money this Christmas (as per usual).  They emailed back saying there was one in the office they could send me!  I'm over the moon as it's divine and I've missed it.  I'm so lucky!

A bike arrived this afternoon with a bottle of scent and a Le Labo candle.  How wonderful!  I cannot stop smelling myself.  Le Labo is the most amazing brand of perfume and it's so pure you only need a little bit.


Here's the write up on AnOther 13 by Le Labo
"Le Labo has been commissioned by AnOther Magazine to work on an exclusive scent.  This project was born thanks to Sarah of  colette, Paris who initiated the creative collaboration between us and Jefferson Hack, editor in chief of AnOther Magazine.  Jefferson Hack is a renowned British journalist and magazine editor who co-founded Dazed & Confused in the early 90’s.  He launched AnOther Magazine in 2001.  He is basically the coolest guy in the world when Tyler Brulé is on vacation with Lady Gaga. The result of this collaboration is AnOther 13, a hypnotizing and unique scent.  It has been composed around ambroxan, a synthetic animal musk hand-picked in our NYC lab by Jefferson.  The animalic notes of ambroxan makes AnOther 13 an addictive dirty potion by wisely blending it with 12 other ingredients, including ambrette seeds absolute which gives it spike and shine.  Your nose will want to go back to the skin that wears it more than you want to..."


I shall be flying around on New Year's Eve in a cloud of scent.

Thank you so much Liberty
See you in the New Year xxx



7 comments:

SAMANTHA said...

I'm definitely going to be checking out this scent! It sounds amazing.

Penny Dreadful said...

Oh how nice! (and press discount at Liberty? Some intense envy going on over here). I must have a smell, I love new fragrances. Haven't smelt Must de Cartier either, at the moment I've been stalking every single sale looking for marked down fragrance but it hasn't appeared. xx

Vintage Vixen said...

Dear Chrsitina, you lucky thing. I'm dying to have a sniff of it. Is that the sample bottle? It's rather cool, looks a bit like an old apocathary label.
Liberty really know how to keep their customers happy. xxx

Splenderosa said...

Oh, yes, I miss the days of working at Sak's when the vendors gave us little bags/boxes of goodies. Cartier's "So Pretty" is my favorite all time, anytime, anywhere fragrance. It's just soooo pretty! xx's

Marcie said...

Awesome! Tis the season for generosity! :)

xo M

CameronPoe2409 said...

Wow! now that's what I call service! Both scents sound lovely, I will put them down on my things to do list!

Alison Cross said...

oh I need to get a whiff of this!

Ali x