Thursday, 29 July 2010

Seven quotes for a Thursday afternoon - Part thirty nine




"A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress"

Lord Byron
(1788-1824)





"Elegance does not consist of putting on a new dress"

Coco Chanel
(1883-1971)





"Never fit a dress to the body
but train the body to fit the dress"

Elsa Shiaparelli
(1890-1973)





"Where's the man who could ease a heart,
like a satin gown?"

Dorothy Parker
(1893-1967)





"Dresses, I find are impractical in social situations,
but I enjoy wearing them a great deal on stage"

Brian Molko
(b. 1972)





"If I want to wear a dress,
I'll wear a dress"

Dennis Rodman
(b. 1961)





"I finally learned to love myself by dressing up as Geri Halliwell"

Matt Lucas
(b. 1974)



Seven quotes for a Thursday afternoon is a weekly series to read party forty click here



5 comments:

Looking Fab in your forties said...

I think I should take note of Elsa Shiaparelli!

Alison Cross said...

LFIYF - you're not kidding! If I don't train the body to fit the dress SOON, I will be either wearing the sail of an ocean-going yacht or the parachute of the space shuttle.

Great quotes Christina :-)

Ali x

Wildernesschic said...

I love Brian Molko's quote, I bet he looks fabulous in a dress too xx

SPLENDEROSA said...

I love the Coco quote on elegance. She is, of course, quite correct...and to me, elegance comes before anything else.

Sarah said...

Great quotes. Have just discovered your blog so will be following from now on....
all best wishes, Sarah