Thursday, 29 July 2010

Christian Dior skincare




I was delighted to be given these gorgeous Christian Dior to test.  Which I've been doing for the last six weeks.  I am obsessed with skincare products and have tried so many.  

The Capture R60/80 Nuit XP Overnight Recovery serum is wonderful.  It sinks into your skin immediately and any dryness is immediately gone.  It appears to relax any lines and makes it really soft.  I've been putting it on underneath this...


The Capture R60/80 Ultimate Wrinkle Correction Creme has a lovely rich texture, is supposed to stimulate collagen production and also has a mild exfoliating effect. 

I've been slapping it on and it's lasted for ages.  I have small lines above my eyebrows and they are noticeably softer than they were since using this.  I think the only thing that would get rid of them permanently would be botox which I'm trying to avoid.  There is definitely a difference.


The Capture Totale Soin Finition Lumiére is a product I will be buying again when this runs out.  As soon as you put it on it gives your skin a glowing luminosity and at my age this glow is much diminished.  You can wear it on it's own but I put it on under my tinted moisturiser or foundation and it really smooths and brightens my skin.  I'm going to use this from now on, replacing the Clarins Beauty Flash I used for years.

I've also been taking Julie Newmar's (the original Catwoman) advice.  Julie looks amazing and told me her mother taught her to train her face not to frown too much!  I am really trying not to raise my eyebrows so much but it's hard.

Read my interview with with the fabulous Julie HERE  She is an inspiration.



9 comments:

Simone said...

Oooh, I do LOVE some nice beauty products, I could spend a fortune on skincare!

I used to love Beauty Flash Balm but it seems to no longer be working its magic on me...I am going to try the last product you mentioned for sure.

PS Thanks so much for the Male Icon list.....and I love the look of that breakfast, impressive!!

Simone said...

Meant to say that your skin always looks great in the photos you post so whatever you are using is definitely working for you!!

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Why doesn't anybody get me to review anti wrinkle creams? or botox, yes that would be even better!

Simone said...

I was thinking the same thing....ask me!!

Wildernesschic said...

Girls I got to review botox and have been addicted ever since... It works !! xx
But make sure you have someone experienced doing it, its an art xx

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Yes Ruth, yours is the best I've ever seen.

Wildernesschic said...

Christina I dont usually mess with my skin care as I am so sensitive but I think I am gong to have to try that last product, I love something that gives a glow there is nothing more youthful...especially if you drink..which I do xx

Alison Cross said...

Even though I don't go anywhere or see anyone, I'm seriously considering some kind of filler or Botox.

But am worried that I'll get addicted!

I've got a forehead like a shar pei!

Ali x

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Simone, me too although I tend to get the good stuff as presents and slather on tons of Boots No. 7 and Body Shop underneath!

It stopped working on me too - give this one a go. It looks great on it's own too even though I'm not really one for the natural look

You're very welcome, great post!! If you're ever East let me know and I'll make you some breakfast... or in my case brunch xx

Dear Mrs Fab, I don't know! They got in touch with me, I think because of something I'd written about them in a previous post xx

Dear Ruth, and didn't they do an amazing job!

It really does give you a glow and would be great on your luminous complexion xx

Dear Ali, try facials and tons of moisturiser daily first, if that doesn't work, speak to Ruth xx