Thursday, 13 May 2010

In love with Le Labo





After twenty years of almost exclusively wearing Must de Cartier I've completely fallen in love with the most divine scent I've ever come across - Le Labo's Oud 27.  I still wear my Cartier but I've been dabbing this on my wrists and just by my ears and I cannot stop smelling myself!  It just gets better and better as the day goes on and unlike most perfumes you can smell it on yourself all day.

I was lucky enough to be given a large sample of Oud 27 in my goody bag at Liberty's press day and I have been eeking it out  ever since.  I know I'm going to have to buy some when it runs out as I'm hopelessly addicted.  Here is a little bit more info...

Le Labo is exclusive to Liberty.  Working with the world's top noses, Le Labo have created a collection of scents built around a primary natural essence from Grasse, France's  'perfume capital.'

The number within the title of each fragrance refers to the exacting amounts of raw ingredients within the scent.  So in typical fashion I've picked 27... eek!  I know this is going to be expensive.

Oud 27 Perfume from Le Labo

New from Le Labo, Oud 27 is a unique and mystical blend of Agarwood, Cedar Atlas, Incense, Patchouli, Black Pepper, Safran and Gaiac developed by Vincent Schaller from Firmenich.

"Oud 27 is oriental in the purest form, overwhelming and disturbing in it's signature and power.  Think Genghis Khan meets Shah Jahan for tea with Sheherezade.  Or even less politically correct, it's 1001 Arabian Nights distilled into 27 intense ones".

All I can say is... it is so wonderful I have to have some more!  Le Labo is not cheap due to the quality and intensity of it's ingredients.  Prices start at £35, Oud 27 is £296 for 500ml!  Oh God!  I might have get a travel size while I save up.

If you're anywhere near Liberty go and try some of this gorgeous stuff.  And hopefully you'll fall in love with a lower number than I did!

7 comments:

Belle de Ville said...

Sounds lovely. Is it available in the US.
I've been wearing Marc Jacobs for years, I doubt that I could be tempted to change perfumes, but you never know.

Christina Lindsay said...

It really is amazing! Liberty do mail order but Le Labo are also based in New York. Do check it out if you can. I never thought I'd change mine either xx

Looking Fab in your forties said...

I will have a sniff next time I am in town!

Gwynnie Burrows said...

I have it on good authority there is a new Le Labo boutique on Devonshire Street, just off Marylebone High Street.

Love your blog
Gwynnie xx

Dash said...

I think they are also available in Paris at Colettes.
XX

Wildernesschic said...

I am in love with Le Labo Neroli .. I just love it, every time I go to Liberty I try it again, but am so torn as I love my Tom Ford Black Orchid its a good job I am not coming down for a while as its a perfect summer scent.. I know they do it online ..but .. I must resist :)

Christina Lindsay said...

Dear Mrs Fab, you must, their stuff is beautiful beyond belief xx

Dear Gwynnie, ah! I've heard about that but haven't been. And thank you, that's lovely xx

Dear Dash, I knew Colette would stock it. Have you smelt any of it? xx

Dear Ruth, I love Neroli. I never thought I'd find anything I liked better but I have! xx