Thursday, 15 April 2010

It Couples - Jerry Hall and Bryan Ferry













Jerry Hall and Bryan Ferry met when Jerry appeared as a mermaid on the cover of Roxy Music's album Siren.  The blue paint they covered her in wouldn't come off so Bryan offered to take her back to his house claiming he would help her remove it.  They started an affair and she moved into his Holland Park home. Five months later they were engaged.  Jerry also appeared in Roxy Music videos for Let's Stick Together and The Price of Love.  Sadly love wasn't to last for them and Jerry left Bryan for Mick Jagger at the end of 1977.

It's believed that Jerry was the subject of the Bryan Ferry song "Kiss and Tell" after she published details of their relationship in her memoir Tall Tales. Ferry has always refused to discuss their relationship in interviews.


Photography by Douglas Dubler

On Bryan Ferry

"They say you can't really regret things but I must say he has aged beautifully.  He is one of the all-time great crooners"

Jerry Hall






Bryan Ferry - Kiss and Tell, 1987


10 comments:

little augury said...

Proving that he is a gentleman-and she is right he has aged well.always a favourite of mine-but who doesn't find him pretty fab.pgt

Christina Lindsay said...

Absolutely! He's always been fantastic at any age. xx

Wildernesschic said...

That was the first Album I owned.. I love Bryan Ferry and I though they were just magical together such a beautiful couple.. and they have both aged well x

Girl In A Thunderbolt said...

Great images.

Jill said...

I have always thought he was incredibly sexy...in a suave way. She stood have stuck with him...Mick Jagger has never turned me on in the least.

I could listen to Roxy Music all day.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Great photos, Christina!

Belle de Ville said...

I would have taken Bryan Ferry over Mick Jagger any day. Mick Jagger has never done anything for me.

Smashingbird said...

Bryan Ferry is a beautiful looking chap, he was a teacher before he was in Roxy, that would have made me much more interested in school!

Marmaduke Dando Hutchings said...

I bet she's kicking herself now. The man is a god

Kim Bowen said...

I styled Kiss and Tell. Jesus.