Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Plastic Joy Blog Award



Photography by Bruce Weber

The delightful Ruth from Life, the Universe and all that's in it tagged me in a blog award.  I'm not sure about the name - The Plastic Joy Blog Award - I think someone's having a laugh here!  I have an extremely handsome man at home (who looks just like the above photo from the back) and I found it quite hard to choose.  At first I couldn't even think of five, then I got on a bit of a roll...

 The rules of the award are you have to pick five more characters from film or television that you think are hot.  It has to be the character, not the actor.  I am having a bit of trouble differentiating between the two but I'll try my best.  It's been a while since I've trawled the internet for pictures of men and I must admit It's been fun.  Do excuse the gratuitous topless shots. I'm sure you will.  In no particular order.



Sean Connery
James Bond.  My favourite would be The Spy Who Loved Me but...



He was great as Mark Rutland in Hitchcock's Marnie, 1964.








Alain Delon
There are many roles I could mention



But I'll go for Jean-Paul in La Piscine 









James Spader
I've had a thing about him for a long time




I grew up with the Brat Pack so how about him as Steff in Pretty in Pink from 1986, anyone?  I think I'm going to have to go for White Palace from 1990.  He was really good in that.  And he bought Susan Sarandon a dustbuster!  The Actor bought me one a few years back at Christmas (no, it wasn't my main present) and I was so delighted with it.  Mind you I had drunk a bottle of Champagne by that point...








Mickey Rourke
I love Mickey Rourke



I'm with Ruth on this one.  He was brilliant as John Grey in 9 1/2 Weeks in 1986 but I'm going to have to go for Harry Angel in the fantastic Angel Heart made in 1987.








Richard Gere
Another Eighties film I grew up with



As Julian in American Gigolo.  The scene where he's hanging upside down in the gravity boots springs to mind!









Jeff Bridges
Great in so many films



I'm going for Jack Baker in The Fabulous Baker Boys









Gary Oldman
Last but certainly not least...


Sid and Nancy, Dracula, Leon... I'm going for Jack Grimaldi in Romeo is Bleeding, 1993







My first crush was Russell in the brilliant Butterfiles from 1978 when I was nine!  I've been watching the re-runs recently on UK Gold and it is just as funny.




My other crush was Adam Faith as Budgie.  I booked him on a TV show in the early nineties and he took me out for a drink afterwards.  He definitely still had 'it' and what a divine man he was.


I pass this award onto the following marvellous blogs


Look forward to seeing who you choose xx


14 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

Oh I knew you would do it with style :) I love these actors too, I had considered Richard Gere in Looking for Mr Goodbar, Pretty in Pink I loved :)
and Alain Delon that photo of him smoking .. is smoking !! Great post xx

Wildernesschic said...

Ps Marnie has always been on my Saturday afternoon film list x You are right Sean is gorgeous as Mark

Christina Lindsay said...

Ah! thank you! I haven't seen Looking for Mr Goodbar but will now. I also toyed with David Duchovny as Hank Moody as Californication is so brilliant. I must catch the second season of that too. Marnie is great, you'll love it xx

Jill said...

James Spader in The Secretary! Oh my!!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I certainly agree with Alain Delon and Jeff Bridges. All good choices, lovey.

Anonymous said...

Great choices all around. I have to say though I am partial to James Spader...loved him in his first paid film role in 1981 and have adored him all the way through his career including seeing him a week ago on Broadway! He makes me melt...White Palace...OMG!!!!

herana said...

It is nice one, the pic is very cool, i just wonder if the real matter also cool enough. I have got a watch which have nice photo but do not really good before, it is so bad...
By Air Jordan shoes

Smashingbird said...

Thanks for tagging me, it's gonna be difficult to narrow my choices down... Alain Delon, major swoon!

sanjeet said...

gorgeous post
data entry work from home

Jill said...

Just saw this! This will be fun!!

doc Martens Boots said...

Thanks for share this post I like fashion and shoes my favorite shoes are long boots

Anonymous said...

You gathered the useful information people would find interesting here.

Anonymous said...

It agree, very useful message

mbt shoes said...

A great blog can give one person new feeling, let person get happiness, let person broaden people’s horizons. I think so your blog that is. This topic is very interesting. I find that this site to be very informative.