Friday, 19 March 2010

I love hoods




Grace Jones and Azzedine Alaia

But not hoodies, I think they are bulky and unflattering.  I do have a cashmere hoodie that I bought with a pair of wide leg cashmere bottoms on Ebay. They were brand new with tags on from Autograph at Marks and Spencer, a bargain at £40. I don't own a hooded tracksuit top, or even any tracksuit bottoms as The Actor hates them!

I love hooded dresses and snoods.  I like the ones that drape and are low around the neck. My friend Fee Doran who designed Kylie Minogue's white hooded catsuit for the video 'Can't get you out of my head' gave me a fantastic black dress and hooded tops in black and white in 2001.  They're exactly the the same design as Kylie's catsuit but higher at the front.

Fee and I used to go out partying wearing different coloured catsuits, we wore a lot of brilliant clothes from her collections, it doesn't feel like nearly ten years ago! I will post some pictures when I can find where I've put them. I wore the black top to Roksanda Ilincic's show at LFW as I didn't have time to do my hair. The hoods are perfect for a bad hair day!


Kylie looks stunning in a Mrs Jones catsuit



Grace Jones in an amazing 80's hooded catsuit




Grace wearing Halston

I love Bianca Jagger's Halston dress

Studio 54


Janet Jackson slightly overpowered by a Christian Dior dress


By Thierry Mugler


By Elsa Shiaparelli


The fabulous Siouxsie Sioux


Rihanna - This is really similar to my hooded dress

Photography by Andy Warhol
Liza Minnelli

Photography by Tyen
This is just fabulous!  I had to add it, it's by Margiela.  I love the glasses too

Which one do you like? xxx


3 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

I bet you look fabulous in them .. I love dramatic clothes although never really get the opportunity to wear them. I used to love to wear a scarf regalia in the late1970's almost like an arab prince, a black scarf tight on the head with a gold one twisted around the outside, I can really explain but looked amazing with a black catsuit and heels, I was just 16 ... looked about 26 !!

Christina Lindsay said...

Ah thanks Ruth. Dramatic clothes are great! Much better to be overdressed than underdressed I'd say xx

Loli said...

Great hoods! So refreshing to meet a fellow hood lover:)
Thanks for the photos!