Sunday, 28 February 2010

Pam Hogg's fabulous catsuits



How fabulous is this catsuit?

I've been friends with Pam for a very long time now and she's amazing.  Pam is a fashion designer, musician (she has a great voice) and a DJ and I've always loved her clothes.  She has produced some fantastic collections over the years and amongst some outrageous creations most of it is actually very wearable.


Pam has successfully managed to infiltrate the conventional fashion world with her clothes and she has attracted one of the most diverse and long standing followings of any designer since her first show in 1983.


Pam in one of her early catsuits from AW90

I think these quotes from the press say it better than I ever could

"Before grey was the new brown, before Kate Moss, grunge and heroin chic, there was a fashion moment that bore Pam Hogg's signature.  At a time when Britannia was generally considered uncool and fashion stars of the future such as John Galliano, Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney were still learning to cut patterns, Hogg was one of the few British designers whose clothes could be found in the International pages of Vogue.  But she was more than just a designer... she was one of the catalysts behind alternative London.  She had arrived in the city in the late 70's when punk was in it's prime, Billy Mackenzie, Siouxsie Sioux and Debbie Harry were among her closest friends."



"For her disciples Pam is an icon, the last survivor of the Leigh Bowery/Body Map generation of the 80's club class designers who partied at the Blitz with Boy George and David Bowie."


Siouxsie and Pam look brilliant in Pam's designs

"Pam Hogg is not just one of the most inventive and innovative fashion designers in the UK, she is also one of the most unorthodox.  Pam is original, inventive and creative and really has achieved 'cult' status."

Pam and Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie at her pop-up shop opening in Newburgh Street, May 2009  



Pam looks amazing in one of her catsuits.  I love the fact her hair matches!



Pam's original Newburgh Street shop, 1989

The catsuits are fantastic, I would love one but I know I shall definitely be ordering the gold dress from AW10 which is stunning and will never date.


Liberty Ross shot by Matt Irwin


To see some of Pam's AW10 collection click here



2 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

Love Pam Hogg, I just want to say thank you for all your comments and support this week on my blog about my home, I knew you would like it as when I have seen your posts about what you like. The images are so similar to what I like xx

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Pam is very pretty.