Friday, 26 February 2010

Feeling a lot better!


I just like this picture

I've given myself a bit of an overhaul this evening and feel much better for it and more like my usual sparkly self.  I used to have a facial every month but I've not had one since October (when I started my Christmas spending spree).  I've always been guilty of buying new products that get left unused in the cupboard and I'm making an effort to use them rather than save them for something special.

First I had a bath filled with Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk, a Christmas present from The Actor which smells good enough to eat. This came with a scented candle which I lit.  The house smells amazing!  Instead of going for the usual glass of red, I had a cup of tea!!  I could pretend it was some sort of herbal detox tea, which I have boxes of but it was good old PG Tips.


I exfoliated with my current favourite scrub, The Sanctuary Kyphi Nourishing Hot Sugar Scrub, £10 from Boots.  If you haven't tried it, give it a go.  It gets hot as you rub it in and leaves your skin really moisturised.


This is the best facial exfoliator I have found, it's £65 but lasts forever.  You should use it twice a week but I usually forget.  Possibly why my skin was looking so dull.  From Space NK.



Then rather than leaving it in the bathroom cupboard I opened my Laura Mercier Creme Brulée Body Souffle, another present from The Actor from Valentine's Day last year!  which also smells marvelous.



I followed this with another product I bought and used once... Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energising Mask, £32 from Bliss online.  You put it on as as gel and it fizzes on your skin and tingles, turning into a frothy foam, quite bizarre but you can feel it working.




There's more! Last year my friend had a job lot of Decleor products for a quarter of the price from a salon that was closing.  Of course I bought a large box full.  I gave some away as presents and the rest have sat unopened.  First I used Decleor's Clay and Herbal Cleansing Mask which is really very good, my skin was looking noticeably better after all this!




For the last face mask I put on a thick layer of Decleor Brightening Purifying Mask which I can recommend.  My skin looked much pinker, rather than the sallow thing I was greeted with this morning and much plumper and brighter.



Definitely much better... and so I should be after that lot!  I smell like a pudding now!  A thick layer of No. 7 Protect and Perfect Intense and their eye cream followed by No. 7 Lift and Luminate (I'm a sucker for an ad and Miranda Richardson looks great in it. Her skin looked nothing like that when I saw her in Notting Hill a couple of years back... Hmmm).

I have a thing for modal and bamboo nightwear and loungewear, they even make socks in it now.  It feels like thin cashmere.  I bought a brand new nightdress on Ebay recently that again I hadn't even tried on.  It's from Pyjama Room and I think they're about £70, I paid £16.  I've lent my camera to my friend so here are the pictures from Ebay.  It's really soft and comfortable and floor length with sort of gathered Grecian shoulders, you can't really see in the photo.  I feel like something from an Emily Bronte novel!


Changed sheets, changed silk pillowcases.  Settled down and watched everything The Actor won't like (he's at the theatre); Coronation Street, Relocation Relocation, What Katie Did Next (I know! but I can't help it) and now I shall put on a film; The Swimming Pool with Charlotte Rampling, I'll let you know what it's like.

I know I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.  I've just heard the weather forecast - sleet and rain.  How lovely!! xx


4 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

All those products you lucky girl, you have inspired me I am going to do tis this evening ... Haven't pampered myself for agesxx

Christina Lindsay said...

I bet you have tons of unopened stuff you're "saving" just like me. It really did make me feel better. I shall be making use of it all from now on. Have a great day. xxx

Chic Mama said...

Sounds absolute bliss....so many products, heavenly. XXX

felixawilliam said...

It is really nice and interesting article that can be helpful to many people and really it is very useful article.
Flights to New York